Corresponding Member of Russian Academy of Sciences, Doctor of Science (Phys&Math),
Research Advisor, Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics, Lomonosov Moscow State University,
Honoured Science Worker of the Russian Federation
Vladimir Fyodorovich Tishkin was born on February 23, 1949, in Saransk. In 1966 he graduated from the secondary school No.9 with a gold medal, Saransk. In 1972 he graduated from the Department of Control and Applied Mathematics of the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology. In 1975-1978 he was pursuing a Ph.D. in the Institute of Applied Mathematics, Academy of Sciences of the USSR.
In 1979 Vladimir Fyodorovich passed his Ph.D. defense on “Numerical investigation of pressure hydrodynamic stability of shell targets” (Research Advisors: A. A. Samarsky, A. P. Favorsky).
In 1972-1975 he worked at the All-Russian Research Institute Of Experimental Physics (Arzamas-16).
After the Ph.D. defense Tishkin worked his way up the career ladder from a Junior Researcher to a Leading Researcher at the Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics (1978-1990).
In 1986 he passed a doctoral thesis, and in 1997 he was awarded the academic degree of Professor.
Vladimir Fyodorovich was an Associate Head for academic affairs of the Institute for Mathematical Modelling RAS (1990-2009).
Since 1990 he also worked at the Moscow State University. In 1993 he became a Professor of the Department of Computational Methods, Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics.
In 2016 Tishkin became a Corresponding Member of Russian Academy of Sciences.
Vladimir Fyodorovich Tishkin is a widely recognized specialist in applied mathematics and informatics. Main research directions: mathematical modeling of current continuum problem (hydrodynamics, elasticity); supplements to the problem of laser thermonuclear synthesis; numerical solution development of mathematical physics in the field of shaped form; construction of quasimonotonic difference schemes of increased order of accuracy.
Tishkin is the author of the support operator method (together with A. P. Favorsky). He studied the symmetry and compression stability of laser targets, on account of which he theoretically justified the applicability of high aspect shells.
V. F. Tishkin is a Professor of the Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics at the Lomonosov Moscow State University. He has been a scientific adviser to one Doctor of Science and 10 PhD students.
V. F. Tishkin is an author and co-author of over 250 research papers.
V. F. Tishkin was awarded the A. N. Krylov Prize (along with B. N. Chetvertushkin, 2001) for “Mathematical modeling of nonsteady gasdynamic flotations using multiprocessors”.
1. Krasnov M. M., Kuchugov P. A., Ladonkina M. E., Lutsky A. E., Tishkin V. F. Numerical solution of the Navier-Stokes equations by discontinuous Galerkin method // Journal of Physics: Conference Series. 2017. V. 815. № 1.
2. Ladonkina M. E., Neklyudova O. A., Tishkin V. F. Application of averaging for solutions smoothing in DG method // Supercomputing in Scientific and Industrial Problems: German-Russian Conference: abstracts. KIAMRAS, 2016. P. 27-28.
3. Milyukova O. Y., Tishkin V. F. A multigrid method for a heat equation with discontinuous coefficients with a special choice of grids// Mathematical Models and Computer Simulations. 2016. V. 8. № 2. P. 118-128.
4. Tishkin V. F., Zhukov V. T., Myshetskaya E. E. Justification of Godunov’s scheme in the multidimensional case //Mathematical Models and Computer Simulations. 2016. V. 8. № 5. P. 548-556.
5. Garanin S. F., Burenkov O. M., Ivanova G. G., Sofronov V. N., Mamyshev V. I., Tishkin V. F., Zmitrenko N. V. Relaxation of 2d MHD flow transverse to a magnetic field in a bounded domain// PPPS 2001 - Pulsed Power Plasma Science 2001. 28. 2015. P. 512-515.
6. Ladonkina M. E., Neklyudova O. A., Tishkin V. F. Application of the rkdg method for gas dynamics problems// Mathematical Models and Computer Simulations. 2014. V. 6. № 4. P. 397-407.
7. Ladonkina M. E., Neklyudova O. A., Tishkin V. F. Impact of different limiting functions on the order of solution obtained by RKDG// Mathematical Models and Computer Simulations. 2013. V. 5. № 4. P. 346-349.
8. Ladonkina M. E., Milyukova O. Y., Tishkin V. F. Application of a multigrid method to solving diffusion-type equations// Matrix Methods: Theory, Algorithms and Applications: Dedicated to the Memory of Gene Golub. 2010. P. 482-499.
9. Ladonkina M. E., Neklyudova O. A., Tishkin V. F., Chevanin V. S. A version of essentially nonoscillatory high-order accurate difference schemes for systems of conservation laws// Mathematical Models and Computer Simulations. 2010. V. 2. № 3. P. 304-316.
10. Alshina E. A., Ivanchenko E. S., Kalitkin N. N., Tishkin V. F. Precision rotationally invariant curve parameterization// Mathematical Models and Computer Simulations. 2009. V. 1. № 1. P. 11-20.
11. Demchenko N. N., Doskoch I. Ya., Guskov S. Yu., Rozanov V. B., Stepanov R. V., Yakhin R. A., Garanin S. G., Suslov N. A., Zhidkov N. V., Gatin A. A., Tishkin V. F., Zmitrenko N. V. Analysis of the conditions of experiments on the compression of capsules with a foam absorber at Iskra V facility // Journal of Physics: Conference Series. 2008. V. 112. № Part 2. P. 022006.
12. Mikhailov Yu. A., Grechko M. A., Zhurovich M. A., Koutsenko A. V., Matsveiko A. A., Rozanov V. B., Sklizkov G. V., Starodub A. N., Zhitkova O. A., Lebo I. G., Limpouch J., Tishkin V. F., Chekmarev A. M. Effect of a prepulse on ablation-pressure smoothing in laser heating of thin foils// Journal of Russian Laser Research. 2007. V. 28. № 4. P. 311-325.
13. Bakaev V. G., Krasnyuk I. A., Lebo I. G., Levchenko A. O., Sychugov G. V., Zayarnyi D. A., Zvorykin V. D., Batani D., Tishkin V. F. Hydrodynamics of high-energy garpun krf laser interaction with solid and thin-film targets in ambient air// Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics. 2005. V. 38. № 12. P. 2031-2044.
14. Ilyasov A. O., Lebo I. G., Mikhailov Yu. A., Rozanov V. B., Sklizkov G. V., Starodub A. N., Tishkin V. F. Study of symmetrising action of laser prepulse on inhomogeneity of thin foil heating// Quantum Electronics. 2005. V. 35. № 7. P. 641-644.
15. Lebo I. G., Rozanov V. B., Nikishin V. V., Tishkin V. F. Numerical simulation of evolution of multimode initial perturbations in the development of richtmyer-meshkov instabilities// Journal of Russian Laser Research. 1998. V. 19. № 5. P. 483-504.
16. Basov N. G., Lebo I. G., Rosanov V. B., Tishkin V. F., Feoktistov L. P. Alternative approaches to the design of targets for a hybrid thermonuclear station // Quantum Electronics. 1998. V. 25. № 4. P. 331-332.
17. Abakumov M. V., Gavrilyuk K. V., Esikova N. B., Lukshin A. V., Mukhin S. I., Sosnin N. V., Tishkin V. F., Favorskij A. P. Mathematical model of the hemodynamics of the cardio-vascular system // Differential Equations. 1997. V. 33. P. 895.
18. Bondarenko Yu. A., Gubkov E. V., Dolgoleva G. V., Tarasov V. I., Shanin A. A., Yanilkin Yu. V., Zharova G. V., Lebo I. G., Rozanov V. B., Tishkin V. F. Numerical simulation of turbulent mixing in plane laser targets// Journal of Russian Laser Research. 1997. V. 18. № 5. P. 494-506.
19. Kruglyakova L. V., Neledova A. V., Tishkin V. F., Filatov A. Y. Unstructured adaptive meshes for problems in mathematical physics// Mathematical Modelling. 1997. V. 10. № 3. P. 93.
20. Lebo I. G., Nikishin V. V., Rozanov V. B., Tishkin V. F. On the effect of boundary conditions on the instability growth at a contact surface in passage of a shock wave //Bulletin of the Lebedev Physics Institute. 1997. № 1. P. 40.
21. Lebo I. G., Rozanov V. B., Tishkin V. F. Symmetrising effect of an x-ray prepulse in laser target compression// Quantum Electronics. 1997. V. 27. № 8. P. 702-705.
22. Lebo I. G., Rohlena K., Rozanov V. B., Tishkin V. F. Symmetrising influence of a laser prepulse on the development of perturbations of the shell-fuel contact boundary// Quantum Electronics. 1996. V. 23. P. 71.
23. Rozanov V. B., Rohlena K., Tishkin V. F. Symmetrising influence of a laser prepulse on the development of perturbations of the shell-fuel contact boundary Lebo I. G. // Quantum Electronics. 1996. V. 26. № 1. P. 69-70.
24. Feoktistov L. P., Lebo I. G., Rozanov V. B., Tishkin V. F. Laser-induced destruction of gold nps: new weapons in the cell-killing arsenal // Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging. 1996. V. 2770. P. 1-3.
25. Lebo I. G., Popov I. V., Rozanov V. B., Tishkin V. F. Numerical simulations of thermal smoothing and hydrodynamical compensation in the 'green-house' targets // Quantum Electronics. 1995. V. 22. P. 1257.
26. Lebo I. G., Popov I. V., Rozanov V. B., Tishkin V. F. Numerical simulation of thermal equalisation and hydrodynamic compensation in ‘laser greenhouse’ targets // Quantum Electronics. 1995. V. 25. № 12. P. 1198-1203.
27. Lebo I. G., Popov I. V., Tishkin V. F., Rozanov V. B. Two-dimensional modeling of laser-target heating and compression// Journal of Russian Laser Research. 1994. V. 15. P. 136.
28. Lebo I., Rozanov V. B., Popov I. V., Tishkin V. F., Rohlena K. Results of 2d numerical simulations of subnanosecond iodine laser interaction with an al foil target// Journal of Russian Laser Research. 1994. V. 15. № 4. P. 346-350.
29. Lebo I. G., Rozanov V. B., Tishkin V. F. Hydrodynamic instability and target design //Laser and Particle Beams. 1994. V. 12. P. 361.
30. Gamaly E. G., Lebo I. G., Rozanov V. B., Favorsky A. P., Fedyanin A. O., Myshetskaya E. E., Tishkin V. F. Nonlinear stage in the development of hydrodynamic instability in laser targets// Laser and Particle Beams. 1990. V. 8. № 1-2. P. 173-182.
31. Vyaznikov K. V., Tishkin V. F., Favorsky A. P. Construction of monotone high resolution difference schemes for hyperbolic systems //Mathematical Modelling. 1989. V. 1. P. 95-120.
32. Solov'ov A., Solov'ova E., Tishkin V., Favorskii A., Shashkov M. Dirichlet-particle method difference schemes, conserving the one-dimensionality of gas-dynamics flow in rectangular, cylindrical and spherical coordinates// Differential Equations. 1987. V. 23. P. 1443.
33. Solov'ev A., Solov'eva E., Tishkin V., Favorskii A., Shashkov M. Approximation of finite-difference operators on a mesh of Dirichlet cells// Differential Equations. 1986. V. 22. P. 863.
34. Solov'ev A., Solov'eva E., Tishkin V., Shashkov M., Favorsskii A. Approximation of finite difference operators on a mesh of Dirichlet cells// Differential Equations. 1986. V. 22. P. 881.
35. Solov'ev A. V., Solov'eva E. V., Tishkin V. F.,Favorski A. P., Shashkov M.Yu.Investigation of the approximation of difference operators on a grid of Dirichlet cells // Differential Equations. 1986. V. 22. № 7. P. 1227–1237.
36. Mikhailova N., Tishkin V., Turina N., Favorskii A., Shashkov M. Numerical modeling of two-dimensional gasdynamics flows on a variable-structure mesh // USSR Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics. 1986. V. 26. P. 74.
37. Tishkin V.F. Variational difference schemes for the dynamic equations of deformable media// Differential Equations. 1985. V. 21. P. 865.
38. Samarski A. A., Tishkin V. F., Favorksii A. P., Shashkov M. Employment of the reference-operator methods in the construction of finite difference analogs of tensor operations// Differential Equations. 1983. V. 18. № 7. P. 881.
39. Favorskii A., Korshiya T., Shashkov M., Tishkin V. Variational approach to the construction of finite-difference schemes for the diffusion equations for magnetic field// Differential Equations. 1982. V. 18. № 7. P. 863.
40. Samarskii A. A., Tishkin V. F., Favorskii A. P., Shashkov M. On the representation of finite difference schemes of mathematical physics in operator form // Soviet Physics: Doklady. 1981. V. 26. № 6. P. 590.
41. Gamaly E. G., Rosanov V. B., Samarsky A. A., Tishkin V. F., Tyurina N. N., Favorsky A. P. Hydrodynamic stability of compression of spherical laser targets// Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Physics. 1980. V. 52. P. 230.
42. Korshiya T. K., Tishkin V. F., Favorskii A. P., Shashkov M. Y. A variational approach to the construction of difference schemes on curvilinear meshes for the heat-conduction equation //USSR Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics. 1980. V. 20. № 2. P. 135.
43. Korshiya T. K., Tishkin V. F., Favorskii A. P., Shashkov M. J. Flow-variational difference schemes for calculating the diffusion of a magnetic field// Soviet Physics: Doklady. 1980. V. 25. P. 832.
44. Tishkin V. F., Favorskii A. P., Shashkov M. Variational-difference schemes for the heat conduction equation on non-regular grids// Soviet Physics: Doklady. 1979. V. 24. № 6. P. 446.