Honored Master of Sciences and Engineering,
Doctor of Science (Phys&Math),
Professor, Dept. of Computer Science,
Surgut State University
In 1956 V. Ostreykovsky graduated from Leningrad Red Banner Air Force Engineering Academy majoring in Aircraft and Engine Operations. After serving in a long range strategic bombers regiment he moved to Perm. There he defended his PhD thesis in 1964 and became head of the Special Equipment Dept., Perm Missile Engineering Military School. At that time he investigated reliability of complex engineering systems.
In 1975 Prof. Ostreykovsky moved in Obninsk. HE became Dean of the Faculty of Cybernetics, Moscow Engineering Physics Institute, Obninsk campus. In 1981 he became head of the Automated Control Systems Dept. In 1984 he earned his Doctor of Science degree studying the NPP reliability and safety theory.
In 1997 Prof. Ostreykovsky launched the Automated Control Systems graduate program in Surgut State University. There he was appointed head of the Computer Science Dept. The highly professional department faculty started a number of exciting research projects.
Prof. Ostreykovsky has supervised many students and established his own area of research. He has been a scientific adviser to 13 Doctors of Science and about 42 PhD students.
For nearly 30 years Prof. Ostreykovsky has been on the Academic Committee managing the Automated Information Control Systems and Computer Science programs.
For his research and academic achievements Prof. Ostreykovsky has been awarded 8 medals, a Sign of Excellence from the Russian Ministry of Science and Education, letters of award from the Russian Ministry of Science and Education and the Russian Nuclear Energy Agency. In 2008 he was given a letter of award from the Dept. of Education, Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug ‒ Ugra.
In 1993 by the RF President’s decree he was awarded an Honored Master of Sciences and Engineering status. In 1995 Prof. Ostreykovsky was elected a member of the International Computerization Academy. In 2003 Prof. Ostreykovsky was decorated with a commemoration medal from the Russian Nuclear Energy Agency for his NPP safety enhancement efforts.
Prof. M. Ostreykovsky’s areas of research cover a wide range of cybernetics problems. He has published over 450 papers and several monographs on complex system safety and reliability. His computer science textbook has been reprinted in several editions. Lately he has published textbook on NPP operations, reliability theory, system theory, software development approach, automated control fundamentals, and catastrophic theory.
1. Karmanov F. I., Ostreykovsky V. A. Statistical Processing of Experimental Data with MATHCAD : Tutorial. 2nd edition. М., 2015. 208 p.
2. Muravyov I. I., Ostreykovsky V. A., Shevchenko E. N. Time Factor Evaluation Models in the Theory of Technology-Related Risks in Dynamic Systems: Reliability and Quality International Symposium Proceedings. Penza : Penza University Press, 2015. Vol. 1. P. 24-27.
3. Ostreykovsky V. A. Current Research in Technology-Related Risk Assessment for Complex Equipment Operations // Proceedings in Cybernetics. 2015. No. 4 (20). P. 175-185.
4. Ostreykovsky V. A., Demchenko M. L. An Approach to Fractals Theory Application to Technology-Related Risk Assessment Problems // Proceedings in Cybernetics. 2015. No. 3 (19). P. 180-185.
5. Ostreykovsky V. A., Muravyov I. Shevchenko E. N. Time as a Factor in the Technology-Related Risk Theory // IT and Telecommunication Technology-Based Innovations. Xth International Conference. October 1-10, 2013, Sochi. 2015. Vol. 1. P. 217-221.
6. Ostreykovsky V. A., Pogorelovsky M. A. Technology-Related Risk Theory Evolution Stages Applied to Complex Dynamic System Safety Assessment // Proceedings in Cybernetics. 2015. No. 4 (20). P. 87-92.
7. Ostreykovsky V. A., Shevchenko E. N. Technology-Related Risk Distribution Models Analysis Based on Statistical Data for Accidents with Complex Critical Facilities // Complex Systems Quality and Reliability. 2015. No. 2 (10). P. 3-12.
8. Ostreykovsky V. A. Advanced Mathematical Models for Quantitative Technology-Related Risk Assessment in Complex Dynamic Critical Systems // Proceedings in Cybernetics. Phys&Math Series, 2014. Vol. 4 (6). P. 20-29.
9. Ostreykovsky V. A., Zverev S. I., Shevchenko E. N. Analytical Relations for Aircraft and Nuclear Reactor Accident Root Cause and Damage Distribution vs Operation Performance // Proceedings in Cybernetics. 2014. No. 2 (14). P. 11-18.
10. Ostreykovsky V. A., Muravyov I. I. Shevchenko E. N. Advances of the Technology-Related Safety and Risk Theory for Oil&Gas Industry // Surgut State University Proceedings. Phys&Math Series, 2014. Vol. 4 (6). P. 39-43.
11. Ostreykovsky V. A., Muravyov I. I., Pavlov A. S. Advances in Technology-Related Risk Assessment Methods and Models Applied to Complex Systems Safety Theory // IT and Telecommunication Technology-Based Innovations. XIth International Conference. October 1-10, 2014, Sochi. Conference Proceedings. P. 229-232.
12. Ostreykovsky V. A., Muravyov I. I., Saakyan S. P. Modeling Accident Root Event Probability in Long-Term Oil Field Pipeline Operation as a Continuum of Systems // Quality. Innovations. Education. 2014. No. 9 (112). P. 37-42.
13. Shevchenko E. N., Ostreykovsky V. A. Analytical Models for Technology-Related Risk Assessment Assuming a Linear Root Event Probability to Damage Relation // IT and Telecommunication Technology-Based Innovations INFO-204. XIth International Conference. October 1-10, 2014, Sochi. Conference Proceedings. P. 260-263.
14. Ostreykovsky V. A., Zverev S. I., Shevchenko E. N. Surgut, Surgut State University Press, 2013. 320 p.
15. Ostreykovsky V. A., Shevchenko E. N., Mikshina V. S. Qualitative Technology-Related Risk Assessment Applied to Complex Dynamic System Safety Assessment. Monograph // Research Outcomes. Vol. 1. International Symposium on Basic and Applied Research Problems. Selected Papers. Moscow : Russian Academy of Sciences, 2013, P. 12-31.
16. Ostreykovsky V. A. Mathematical Models for Technology-Related Risk Assessment : Monograph. Surgut, Surgut State University Press, 2012. 253 p.
17. Karmanov F. I., Ostreykovsky V. A. Statistical Processing of Experimental Data. MATHCAD Laboratory Course: Tutorial. Moscow : Vysshaya Shkola, Abris, 2012. 208 p.
18. Ostreykovsky V. A. Applying the Catastrophe Theory to Dynamic Systems Stability and Controllability : Tutorial. Moscow : Vysshaya Shkola, Abris, 2012. 326 p.
19. Ostreykovsky V. A., Saakyan S. P. Risk Indicator Models Used in the Theory of Technology-Related Safety in Complex Dynamic System Safety // Basic Research. 2012. No. 9-1. P. 162-166.
20. Klevkov P. A., Ostreykovsky V. A. Data Structures for Telecommunication Equipment Used at Energy Facilities in Western Siberia // IT systems and Technologies. 2011. No. 4 (66). P. 78-82.
21. Ostreykovsky V. A., Genush A. O., Saakyan S. P. Mathematical Models of Operational Research and Game Theory : Tutorial. Surgut, 2009. 48 p.
22. Ostreykovsky V. A. Reliability Theory Textbook. Moscow : Vysshaya Shkola, Abris, 2008. 463 p.
23. Ostreykovsky V. A., Shvyryaev Yu. V. NPP Safety. Probability Analysis. Moscow : PHYSMATLIT, 2008. 352 p.
24. Ostreykovsky V. A. Analyzing Dynamic Systems Stability and Controllability with Catastrophe Theory Methods. Moscow : Vysshaya Shkola, 2005. 326 p.
25. Ostreykovsky V. A. NPP Operations. University textbook. Moscow : Enegroatomizdat, 1999. 928 p.