Doctor of Science (Phys&Math),
Director, Tyumen office, Khristianovich Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Siberian Branch,
Russian Academy of Sciences
Prof. A.A. Gubaidullin was born on August 4, 1947 in Kazan. He graduated from the School of Mechanics and Mathematics, Kazan State University, in 1970 with honors. In 1977 he defended a PhD dissertation, and in 1992 he earned his Doctor of Science degree.
In 1970-1973 he served as an engineer, Electronic Control Machines Institute’s division at Kazan State University; in 1973-1977 he was a post graduate student at the Dept. of Physics and Mathematics, Bashkiria Branch, USSR Academy of Sciences; in 1977-1986 he was a senior lecturer and an associate professor in the Dept. of Applied Mathematics, Ufa Aviation Institute; in 1986 he became a senior researcher, Institute for Metal Superplasticity Problems, USSR Academy of Sciences; in 1986-1989 he worked as a senior researcher, Institute of the Problems of Northern Development, Siberian Branch, USSR Academy of Sciences; in 1989-1990 he was a head, CFD Lab, and an academic secretary, Tyumen Multiphase Systems Mechanics Division, Thermal Physics Institute, Siberian Branch, USSR Academy of Sciences; since 1990 he was a lab head, and Vice Director for Research, since 1995 he has been Director, Multiphase Systems Mechanics Institute, Siberian Branch, Russian Academy of Sciences.
Prof. A.A. Gubaidullin’s works in the area of multiphase systems mechanics. He has discovered a number of new physical phenomena and effects related to wave propagation in biphasic medium (bubbly liquids, gas suspensions, saturated porous medium) and has solved many important gas dynamics problems applicable to nuclear energy, lucid gas pipeline transportation, structure anti-explosion protection, oil&gas exploration and recovery, environmental protection. Prof. A.A. Gubaidullin has authored 350 papers, tutorials, monographs, and inventions. He has been a scientific adviser to one Doctor of Science and 10 PhD students.
Prof. A.A. Gubaidullin is a full member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences (1996), a member of the Russian National Theoretical and Applied Mechanics Board (2011), European Mechanics Society (EUROMECH, 1997), International Center for Multiphase Flow (ICeM, Japan, 1995), Academic Assembly, Tyumen Region (1996), General Meeting, Siberian Branch, RAS (1992); he is on the editorial boards of the Journal of Thermal Physics and Air Mechanics and Vietnam Journal of Mechanics, Tyumen State University Proceedings, a member of the Russian Acoustics Society, the Presidium of Tyumen Research Center, Siberian Branch, RAS, Acoustical Society of America; he is a federal research and engineering expert (2001), Chairman of the Joint Thesis Board, Tyumen Division, Russian Acoustics Society. As a visiting professor he has delivered lectures in the German Democratic Republic (1982-83), West Germany (1991, 1994, 1995, 2001), Sweden (1997), the Netherlands (2000, 2002, 2003); he has been on 22 international visits (USA, Germany, Japan, France, Sweden, the Netherlands, Korea, Greece, Turkey, Poland)
Prof. A.A. Gubaidullin’s work the Multiphase Systems Mechanics for Oil Exploration and Recovery Technologies (1999) was awarded the V. Muravlenko Award for Oil&Gas Research Excellence; he was also awarded with letters of award from the Russian Science and Education Industry (2007), RAS (1999), RAS Siberian Branch (1997, 2004), Tyumen Region Governor (1999), a gold medal For Merits from Tyumen State University (2002), the Golden Sigma sign, an acknowledgment by the Tyumen Region Governor (2011) and the Tyumen Region Duma Chairman (2016), the Best Paper Award from the Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (1999). Prof. A.A. Gubaidullin is a winner of the national research grant for outstanding scientists (2000-2003).
1. Gubaidullin А. А., Pyatkova А. V. Acoustic Flow Features for Heat Exchange Analysis // Journal of Acoustics. 2016. Vol. 62. No. 3. P. 288-294.
2. Gubaidullin А. А., Boldyreva O. Yu., Dudko D. N. Propagation of Pressure Fluctuations in a Porous Media Saturated with Bubbly Liquid // Kazan University Proceedings. Phys&Math Series. 2015. Vol. 157, book 1. P. 101-106.
3. Gubaidullin А. А., Boldyreva O. Yu., Dudko D. N. Fluctuation Propagation and Dumping in a Cylindrical Cavity Embedded into Porous Medium with Water Oil Emulsion // Tyumen University Proceedings. Phys&Math Modeling. Oil, Gas, Energy. 2015. Vol. 1, No. 1 (1). P. 77-83.
4. Gubaidullin А. А., Boldyreva O. Yu., Dudko D. N. Compression and Expansion Wave Propagation in Gas Hydrates // Tyumen State University Proceedings. Phys&Math Modeling. Oil, Gas, Energy. 2015. Vol. 1, No. 4 (4).
5. Gubaidullin А. А., Gubkin A. S. Peculiarities of Dynamic Bubble Behavior in a Cluster Caused by their Hydrodynamic Interaction // Journal Thermal Physics and Air Mechanics. 2015. Vol. 22, No. 4. P. 471-480.
6. Gubaidullin А. А., Maximov A. Yu. Eigen Frequencies of Drop Longwise Oscillations in a Capillary Restriction // Tyumen State University Proceedings. Phys&Math Modeling. Oil, Gas, Energy. 2015. Vol. 1, No. 2 (2). P. 84-91.
7. Gubaidullin А. А., Yakovenko A. V. Numerical Analysis of the Perfect Gas Behavior Inside a Vibrating Cylindrical Cavity under Isothermal Boundary Conditions // High Temperature Thermal Physics. 2015. Vol. 53, No. 1. P. 78-83.
8. Gubaidullin А. А., Yakovenko А. V. Nonlinear Effects of Vibration Applied to a Cylindrical Cavity with Perfect Gas // High Temperature Thermal Physics. 2014. Vol. 52. No. 2. P. 276-282.
9. Gubaidullin А. А., Yakovenko А. V. Numerical Analysis of the Perfect Gas Behavior Inside a Vibrating Cylindrical Cavity with Thermal Insulated Walls // Journal of Thermal Physics and Air Mechanics. 2014. Vol. 21, No. 5. P. 617-627.
10. Gubaidullin А. А., Boldyreva O. Yu., Dudko D. N. Numerical Modeling of Wave Processes in a Porous Medium with Water Oil Emulsion // School of Physics Proceedings, Moscow State University, 2014. No. 6. 146321.
11.Gubaidullin A. A., Yakovenko A. V. Effects of Heat Exchange and Nonlinearity on Acoustic Streaming in a Vibrating Cylindrical Cavity // J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 2015. Vol. 137. No. 6. P. 3281-3287.