Doctor of Science (Phys&Math),
Acting Dean, Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics,
Moscow State University,
Head, Dept. of Mathematical and Computer-Based
Prof. Chubarikov was born on September 5, 1951 in Apalkovo, Soskovsky District, Oryol Region. In 1974 he graduated from the School of Mechanics and Mathematics, Moscow State University.
In 1977 he defended a PhD thesis on multiple trigonometric sums. In 1989 he earned his Doctor of Science degree defending a thesis on multidimensional problems of the prime number theory. Prof. Chubarikov was a math teacher at the Phys&Math Boarding School for Gifted Children, Moscow State University (1976‒1984). Since 2009 he is Head, Dept. of Mathematical and Computer-Based Analysis Methods. Since 2006 he is Acting Dean, School of Mechanics and Mathematics, Moscow State University.
Prof. Chubarikov is a member of the International Higher Education Academy of Sciences (1999), a member of the IT for Education Academy (1999). He is chairman of the Mathematics Board, Moscow State University, and Editor-in-Chief, Moscow State University Proceedings. Series I. Mathematics, Mechanics (2006), The Chebyshev Collections (2001), Vice Editor-in-Chief, Eurasian Journal of Mathematics (2005), a member of the editorial boards, Journal of Discrete Mathematics (2002), Nuclear Science and Engineering. Series: Mathematical Modeling of Physical Processes (2005).
Prof. Chubarikov was awarded a Medal of the Order of Merit for the Motherland, 2nd rank (2005), a 850th Anniversary of Moscow city commemoration medal (1997), a 250th Anniversary of Moscow State University commemoration badge (2004), a 225th Black Sea Navy Anniversary commemoration badge (2008). He is a winner of the Lomonosov Award for Teaching (MSU, 1999), a winner of the MSU Young Scientists Contest for his series of works the Asymptotic Equation for a Number of Solutions for a Diophantine System of Equations (1981); he is a Honorary Doctor, Gumilev Eurasian National University (2006, Kazakhstan Republic).
Prof. V. Chubarikov works in the following areas: analytical theory of numbers, mathematical analysis, number-theoretic cryptography methods. He is one of the developers of the multiple trigonometric sums theory; he has developed the multiple trigonometric prime number totals theory based on I. Vinogradov’s works.
Prof. Chubarikov deducted new estimation for total multiple rational trigonometric sums and multiple trigonometric integrals (1976); he co-authored a solution of the Hua Loo Keng’s problem related to a singular integral’s convergence factor and singular series applied to the Terry problem (1978, jointly with G. Arkhipov, А. Karatsuba); he proposed a prime solution of the Gilbert‒Kamke problem (1985); deducted the value distribution laws for some periodic arithmetic functions (2000-2006); he applied arithmetic functions to distort character distribution patterns in a one-to-one substitution cipher (2008, jointly with М. Mineev); he also proposed an arithmetic approach to the Vigenere code (2008, jointly with М. P. Mineev); he developed a full solution of the Waring‒Goldbach problem (2009).
Prof. Chubarikov delivers a mathematical analysis course in the School of Mechanics and Mathematics, MSU (since 1989), courses on elementary and analytical number theory, sieve methods and additive problems of the number theory, on number-theoretic cryptographic applications, on certain mathematical analysis areas. He supervises seminars on number theory, and arithmetic as applied to cryptography.
Prof. Chubarikov is an author of the Elements of Arithmetic textbook (2007); a co-author of the Lectures on Mathematical Analysis (jointly with G. Arkhipov, V. Sadovnichy, 6th edition came out in 2008, the Chinese edition came out in 2006), Arithmetic. Algorithms. Computational Complexity (jointly with S. Gashkov; 3rd edition came out in 2005). Both textbooks are a part of the Classical University Textbook issued to commemorate MSU’s 250th anniversary (2005).
Prof. Chubarikov has been a scientific adviser to three Doctor of Science and 25 PhD students.
He has published over 130 research papers. He is a co-author of the Multiple Trigonometric Sums monograph (1980, an English edition co-authored by G. Arkhipov, A. Karatsuba came out in 1982); Multiple Trigonometric Sums Theory (1987, co-authored by G. Arkhipov, A. Karatsuba; Trigonometric Sums for the Number Theory and Analysis (an English edition co-authored by G. Arkhipov, A. Karatsuba came out in 2004).
1. Chubarikov V. N. Arithmetic Totals of a Polynomial Values // Academy of Sciences Proceedings. 2016. Vol. 466. No. 2. P. 152.
2. Chubarikov V. N. Arithmetic Functions and the Gaussian Multiplication Theorem // Algebra, Number Theory, and Discrete Geometry: Modern Problems and Applications : Proceedings. XIII International Conference Commemorating 85th Anniversary of Prof. Sergei Ryshkov. Tula : Leo Tolstoy Tula State University of Education, 2015. P. 53-54.
3. Chubarikov V. N. On the Singular Integral Convergence Factor for a Multidimensional Additive Problem // Academy of Sciences Proceedings. 2015. Vol. 463. No. 5. P. 530.
4. Chubarikov V. N. On the Dirichlet L-Function’s Non-Zero Values at S=0 // Moscow State University Proceedings. Series 1: Mathematics. Mechanics. 2015. No. 2. P. 57-59.
5. Chubarikov V. N. Arithmetic Totals and the Gaussian Multiplication Problem // The Chebyshev Collection: 2015. Vol. 16. No. 2 (54). P. 231-253.
6. Gritsenko S. A., Chubarikov V. N. Modern Problems of the Analytical Number Theory // Algebra and Number Theory: Modern Problems and Applications : Proceedings. XIII International Conference Commemorating 80th Anniversary of Prof. Victor Latyshev. Tula : Leo Tolstoy Tula State University of Education, 2014. P. 20-22.
7. Chubarikov V. N., Dobrovolsky N. M. On a Diophantine Equation with Lacunar Summands // The Chebyshev Collection. 2014. Vol. 15. No. 4 (52). P. 124-138.
8. Mineev М. P., Chubarikov V. N. On an Approach to Distorting Character Distribution Patterns in a One-to-one Substitution Cipher // Academy of Sciences Proceedings. 2008. Vol. 420. No. 6. P. 736-738.
9. Yesayan A. R., Chubarikov V. N., Dobrovolsky N. M., Martynuyk Yu. M. MAPLE Control and Data Structures : Tutorial. Tula : Tula State University of Education, 2007. 316 p.
10. Arkhipov G. I., Chubarikov V. N. On an Exceptional Set in the Goldbach Type Binary Problem // Academy of Sciences Proceedings. 2002. Vol. 387. No. 3. P. 295-296.
11. Arkhipov G. I., Sadovnichy V. A., Chubarikov V. N. Mathematical Analysis Lectures : Tutorial. Moscow : Vysshaya Shkola, 2000. 694 p.
12. Gashkov S. B., Chubarikov V. N. Arithmetic. Algorithms. Computational Complexity : University Tutorial. Moscow : Vysshaya Shkola, 2000. 320 p.
13. Arkhipov G. I., Karatsuba A. A., Chubarikov V. N. Multiple Trigonometric Sums and their Applications // Russian Academy of Sciences Proceedings. Mathematics Series. 1980. Vol. 44. No. 4. P. 723-781.
14. Chubarikov V. N. On Multiple Rational Trigonometric Sums and Multiple Integrals // Mathematical Notes. 1976. Vol. 20. No. 1. P. 61-68.
15. Arkhipov G. I., Karatsuba A. A., Chubarikov V. N. New Uniform Estimates of Multiple Trigonometric Sums // Academy of Sciences Proceedings. 1983. Vol. 272. No. 1. P. 11-12.
16. Arkhipov G. I., Karatsuba A. A., Chubarikov V. N. Multiple Trigonometric Sums Theory. Moscow : Nauka Publishing, 1987. 368 p.