Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS), Doctor of Science (Engineering), Professor, President, National Research University of Electronic Technology MIET; Moscow
Yuri Aleksandrovich was born on July 12, 1951, in Kursk. In 1974 he graduated from the Physicotechnical Department of the National Research University of Electronic Technology MIET.
1974-1983 – Postgraduate, engineer, Junior Researcher, Assistant Professor at the chair of General Physics at the National Research University of Electronic Technology.
In 1982 Yu. A. Chaplygin passed his PhD defense, and in 1995 passed a doctoral thesis. In 1997 he was awarded the academic degree of Professor.
During 1984–1987 Yu. A. Chaplygin was an Assistant Vice-Rector for research, in 1988-1998 he was a Vice-Rector for research at MIET. In 1998 he was elected MIET rector, and in 2016 was elected MIET president.
Yu. A. Chaplygin was a Corresponding Member of Russian Academy of Sciences since 2003. In 2016 he became a Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Area of expertise of Yu. A. Chaplygin: micro and a nanoelectronics, the micro and nanosystem engineering. He investigated physical, structural and technological factors defining the main characteristics of microsystems and systems on a chip, solved a number of fundamental and applied problems of creation of integrated reception devices and information processing based on technology of microelectronics.
Yu. A. Chaplygin is the member of the Higher Attestation Commission, Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, Council for the Russian Federation Government Prizes in Science and Technology, the chairman of doctor's dissertation council, the member of a number of the international and Russian scientific conferences organizing committees.
Yu. A. Chaplygin is a laureate of the Russian Federation Presidential Prize in Education, and the Russian Federation Government Prize in Science and Technology (twice).
Yuri Aleksandrovich Chaplygin has authored and co-authored more than 230 scientific publications.
1. Chaplygin Yu.A., Krupkina T.Yu., Krasukov A.Yu., Artamonova E.A. 0.5-ЦТ SOI CMOS for extreme temperature applications // Проблемы разработки перспективных микро- и наноэлектронных систем (МЭС). 2017. № 4. P. 11-15.
2. Belov A.N., Chaplygin Y.A., Golishnikov A.A., Kostyukov D.A., Putrya M.G., Safonov S.O., Shevyakov V.I. Tungsten alloyed with rhenium as an advanced material for heat-resistant Silicon ICs interconnects // Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering. S. "International Conference on Micro- and Nano-Electronics 2016". Zvenigorod, 2016.
3. Zhigalov V., Petukhov V., Emelianov A., Timoshenkov V., Chaplygin Y., Pavlov A., Shamanaev A. Low-threshold field emission in planar cathodes with nanocarbon materials // Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering. S. "International Conference on Micro- and Nano-Electronics 2016". Zvenigorod, 2016.
4. Belov A., Chaplygin Y., Sagunova I., Shevyakov V., Lemeshko S. Features of local anodic oxidation process // Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering. S. "International Conference on Micro- and Nano-Electronics 2016". 2016.
5. Kozlov A.V., Krasjukov A.Y., Krupkina T.Y., Chaplygin Y.A. Simulation of characteristics and optimization of the constructive and technological parameters of integrated magnetosensitive elements in micro and nanosystems // Russian Microelectronics. 2016. V. 45. № 7. P. 522-527.
6. Kochurina E., Timoshenkov S., Korobova N., Chaplygin Y., Anchutin S., Kosolapov A. Research and development of capacitive transducer with linear acceleration // Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering. 7. S. "Smart Sensors, Actuators, and MEMS VII; and Cyber Physical Systems" 2015. P. 951-725.
7. Losev V.V., Chaplygin Y.A., Orlov D.V. Noise protected 1-OF-4 coding system with active zero for computing systems // Russian Microelectronics. 2015. V. 44. № 7. P. 497-500.
8. Borgardt N.I., Volkov R.L., Rumyantsev A.V., Chaplygin Y.A. Simulation of material sputtering with a focused ion beam // Technical Physics Letters. 2015. V. 41. № 6. P. 610-613.
9. Chaplygin Yu.A., Krupkina T.Yu., Krasukov A.Yu., Artamonova E.A. Influence of cmos hall effect sensor layout on its magnetic sensitivity // Проблемы разработки перспективных микро- и наноэлектронных систем (МЭС). 2015. № 2. P. 179-184.
10. Chaplygin Yu.A., Adamov Yu.F., Timoshenkov V.P. VBIC model application features at design of ASIC on SIGe HBT // Проблемы разработки перспективных микро- и наноэлектронных систем (МЭС). 2015. № 3. P. 25-26.
11. Chaplygin Yu.A., Timoshenkov V.P., Shevyakov V.I., Adamov Yu.F. Electro static discharge for BiCMOS IC // Проблемы разработки перспективных микро- и наноэлектронных систем (МЭС). 2015. № 3. P. 27.
12. Antonov S.P., Smagulova S.A., Krasnoborodko S.Yu., Chaplygin Yu.A., Shevyakov V.I. Modification of cantilevers for atomic - force microscopy using the method of exposure defocused ion beam // Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering. 2014.
13. Gorshkov K.V., Nevolin V.K., Chaplygin Yu.A., Berzina T.S., Erokhin V.V. Investigation of electrical properties of organic memristors based on thin polyaniline-graphene films // Russian Microelectronics. 2013. V. 42. № 1. P. 27-32.
14. Chaplygin Yu.A., Artamonova E.A., Krasyukov A.Yu. Dependence of the thermal resistance of a powerful MOSFET on a silicon-on-insulator substrate on the construction-technological parameters of ITS structure // Russian Microelectronics. 2012. V. 41. № 7. P. 376-378.
15. Kozlov Yu.F., Chaplygin Yu.A., Timoshenkov S.P., Grafutin V.I., Prokopev E. Possible synergetic approaches to the explanation of nanomaterials high properties // European Researcher. 2012. № 7 (25). P. 1030-1035.